[lxc-devel] LXC-Cgroup memory controller

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Tue Sep 7 18:00:34 UTC 2010

On 09/07/2010 05:22 PM, jorge espada wrote:
> Hi Guys I wanna know if it possible to set up a memory controller for each
> container..if so..how can I do? any examples?
> Thanks

When you start a container, there is a cgroup created automatically
where all the processes of the container will belong.

In order to modify a cgroup subsystem value use the lxc-cgroup -n <name>
<subsys_name> <value>

For example : lxc-cgroup -n foo memory.max_usage_in_bytes 268435456

Or specify it in the configuration file to automatically set it up when
the container starts.

  lxc.cgroup.memory.max_usage_in_bytes = 268435456

   -- Daniel