[lxc-devel] Script hook for veth configuration (incl. patch)

Stefan Tomanek stefan at pico.ruhr.de
Wed Oct 6 10:04:18 UTC 2010

Dies schrieb Michael Tokarev (mjt at tls.msk.ru):

> > I added a configuration option "lxc.network.veth.script" to specify a
> > script to be executed during the network configuration phase. That custom
> > script can be used to set firewall rules and
>
> How about naming it "lxc.network.script", without the "veth" part?  Does it
> have something specific to veth, or is it generic enough?  (note that for
> different types of network devices different scripts can be specified).

I thought about that, but the script is called from inside the function
instanciate_veth, where it uses the host side veth device as an argument to the
script. Using a script to setup networking on the host is needed there unless
you use a bridge, it is probably not required when using e.g. physical
networking, but I'd also advocate for introducing more general purpose script
hooks, allowing more flexibility when using containers.