[lxc-devel] Script hook for veth configuration (incl. patch)

Stefan Tomanek stefan at pico.ruhr.de
Wed Oct 6 08:06:39 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'd like to use lxc for containing virtual debian instances, using the veth
networking method. Due to the network topology employed, I do not want to use a
bridge to connect the virtual devices to the real network, but set individual
host routes for each container. I added a configuration option
"lxc.network.veth.script" to specify a script to be executed during the network
configuration phase. That custom script can be used to set firewall rules and
routing table entries on the host.

I placed the patch on github:
http://github.com/wertarbyte/LXC/commits/vethscript