[lxc-devel] [ lxc-Bugs-2969963 ] lxc doesn't chroot

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Mar 13 19:36:29 UTC 2010

Bugs item #2969963, was opened at 2010-03-13 19:36
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by greenrd
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=826303&aid=2969963&group_id=163076

not just the latest update.
Category: lxc cli
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Description of problem:
lxc execute ignores the chroot I have specified - it runs the specified command
in the "real" root.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
lxc-0.6.5-1.fc13.i686

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. mkdir /cgroup
2. mount -t cgroup cgroup /cgroup
3. mkdir /var/lib/lxc
4. create a lxc.conf file like the following:

lxc.rootfs=/var/lib/mach/roots/fedora-development-i386-core
lxc.mount.entry=/dev /var/lib/mach/roots/fedora-development-i386-core/dev none rw,bind 0 0
lxc.mount.entry=/dev/pts /var/lib/mach/roots/fedora-development-i386-core/dev/pts none rw,bind 0 0

5. populate the chroot
6. lxc-create -n bug -f lxc.conf
7. lxc-execute -n bug /bin/bash
8. ls /

Actual results:
contents of "real" root displayed

Expected results:
contents of my chroot displayed

Additional info:
I tried to step through lxc-execute in gdb to debug it, but my attempts to set
breakpoints in the cloned process didn't work.