[lxc-devel] bugs with LXC container : mount and rmmod command

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Fri Mar 5 00:59:35 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 17:05 +0100, Elias Olivares wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I've tried to reproduce this bug on 0.6.5 lxc release and the same bug
> appears when i run the umount command or rmmod command.
>
> To reproduce the bug :
>
> Host name : debian
> Guest container name : container
>
> You MUST create a dedicated partition to share your containers (an
> other partition than " / ")
>
> debian:# df

Debian?  Hmmm...

Quick question...  What distro on the engine and what kernel rev?

If it's 2.6.30, any chance of trying something more recent?  I'm running
several engines and my F11 engine running 2.6.30 has a couple of
problems, I've noticed that don't seem to be in 2.6.31 (I can't upgrade
that one yet because it's also my base engine for building custom NST
[Network Security Toolkit] 2.11 run-live distros which is F11 based).
For one thing, if I have the engine forwarding IPv6 and my VM's are NOT
forwarding IPv6, all I have to do is enter one of the VM's and do an
ifconfig eth0 down followed by an ifconfig eth0 up and I'll oops the
kernel in the IPv6 stack.  None of the F12 engines running 2.6.31
exhibit this behavior.  I've moved those VM's to another engine since
and stopped doing THAT.

: Big snip...
Mike