[lxc-devel] Ubuntu Karmic container

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Thu Mar 4 18:27:11 UTC 2010

Elias Olivares wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Here a new bug installing ubuntu karmic into a container :
>
> I've installed karmic with debootstrap and when i try to run the container , it don't and this error message appears on the screen :
>
> mountall:/dev/ppp: Operation not permitted
> mountall:/dev/net/tun: Operation not permitted
> mountall:/dev/loop0: Operation not permitted
>
> But the container seems to run :
>
> host# lxc-info -n karmic
> 'karmictest.1g6.biz' is RUNNING
>
> The command lxc-ls seems to be broken : (it show 2 times the container)
>
> vms:/mnt/vz# lxc-ls
> karmictest
> karmictest

Yes, that was reported one time, it's displayed twice because it is
created and because it is running.
I guess there is some polishing to do with this command.

> My container configuration file :
>
> lxc.utsname = karmictest
> lxc.tty = 4
> lxc.pts = 1024
> lxc.network.type = veth
> lxc.network.flags = up
> lxc.network.link = br0
> lxc.network.name = eth0
> lxc.network.mtu = 1500
> #lxc.mount =
> lxc.rootfs = /mnt/vz/karmictest

Can you try by disabling the cgroup.devices section below and try to
start the container ?
If you can start it, it is probable you have to allow more devices to be
created within the container, (eg : b 7 0 for the loop0)