[lxc-devel] Configuration question?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Tue Jan 26 13:20:31 UTC 2010

I'm working on some scripts and I have a configuration question.  Yes I
could probably read the code and figure out the answers for myself or
just blindly try it but I figure if I ask here someone could say "no
don't do that" or "hey that's not a bad idea" before I go charging
ahead.

Put simply...  Is is possible / permissible to add configuration
variables to the config file?  I've been converting containers over from
OpenVZ and there's some odd flags and values I would like to stuff in
there.  Things like "ONBOOT" and "DESCRIPTION" from the OpenVZ file.  Is
lxc-start and friends just going to ignore extraneous (to them)
configuration options or are they going to complain or blow chunks?

If it's possible, is there a convention you would like followed.  I'm
thinking along this lines of this for those two examples:

lxc.onboot = yes|no [default no]
lxc.description = "Arbitrary String"

Yes?  No?  Maybe?  Hell no?

Mike