[lxc-devel] Request for inclusion into mainline LXC utils

Nigel McNie nigel at mcnie.name
Mon Jan 25 22:09:39 UTC 2010

Hi Daniel, Suno, list.

I am happy for my efforts to be pillaged and merged with a unified
effort. Just let me know where to look.

I might be able to contribute some effort over time, though I'm not
using containers day-to-day any more. Hopefully as lxc improves, I'll
be able to change back :)

Regarding bridges and stuff: the reason why I used a bridge is because
I didn't find it too hard to set up, and it worked. No overwhelming
reason otherwise - if there is a new method that is better then I'm
all for it.

2010/1/25 Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano at free.fr>:
> Suno Ano wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> when cloning from [0], there are a bunch of excellent tools like for
>> example lxc-status. What about including those into mainline lxc utils?
>>

>> [0] git clone git://git.nigel.mcnie.name/lxc-debian.git
>
> Hi guys,
>
> there is people writing tools to create the container templates for lxc.
>
>  * Nigel McNie is writting the lxc-debian and some more scripts:
>
>  * Guillaume Zitta created a "lxc-provider" project
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/lxc-provider/
>
>  * And I am writing templates to be called by the lxc-create command
>
> I was wondering if we can join our effort, as there is a lot of
> templates to do and different behaviour depending the distros (udev,
> sysvrc/upstart, mountall, etc ...).
>
> And I would like to focus on the lxc core system more than creating
> templates scripts.
>
> Maybe we can elaborate a plan and define an api for the templates
> scripts to be called by lxc-create and include them in the lxc tree ?
>
> Thanks
>  -- Daniel

Nigel McNie