[lxc-devel] [patch 3/3][RFC] implement lxc-cmd and lxc-enter using lxc_cinit daemon

Andrian Nord nightnord at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 06:48:18 UTC 2010

> I am not 100% sure. I thought that it is maybe necessary to allocate/init
> a pty and set some environment variable (TERM, HOME) for lxc-enter.
> Whereas lxc-cmd simply pipes stdin/stdout.

Then, probably, it would be best to start /bin/sh -l, or just login -
they will handle all environment work, while you just can't do that
without guessing to much things. About pty - probably yes - lxc-cmd
should not be intended to run things like screen, while lxc-enter could
be capable of it. But it could be done by single utility with flag
'allocate pty' (i.e. -p), while different defaults could be handled via
symlinks and argv[0] checking