[lxc-devel] Get rid of lxc-create and lxc-destroy?

Michael Holzt lxc at my.fqdn.org
Thu Jan 7 14:04:59 UTC 2010

Can we get rid of lxc-create and lxc-destroy? Currently the only thing
lxc-create does is create /var/lib/lxc/<containername> and copy the config
file into it. This seems like a unnecessary step.

I propose to remove both binaries. Instead lxc-start (and lxc-execute) will
search for the config in /etc/lxc/<containername>.conf or could be provided
with the path to the config file on command line.

It seems that /var/lib/lxc/<containername> currently only holds the config
and nothing else, so we can probably get rid of that directory as well.

Regards,
Michael

--
It's an insane world, but i'm proud to be a part of it. -- Bill Hicks