[lxc-devel] Patch: pivot_root, v6

Daniel Lezcano dlezcano at fr.ibm.com
Thu Jan 7 13:55:50 UTC 2010

Michael Holzt wrote:
> On Do, 07 Jan 2010, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
>> Looks good :)
>> I was able to run an old configured container with your patch, nice :)
>
> I was able to run a copy of a xen domain in a container without much
> modifications. :-)

Cool.

> We really need one of the two patches to reduce the capability set as
> root in a container can do things like unload modules, set date/time
> etc. For now i've applied my dropcap patch on my system and it works
> nice.

I will look for Andrian's response, otherwise I will refresh it's patchset.

>> I refreshed your patch against the git head, do you plan to send a new
>> version ? Or can I take the V6 patch for inclusion ?
>
> Currently i'm fine with the latest patch and don't plan to send a new
> version shortly. So you can include the v6 patch.

Ok.

> I'm also currently
> reading how to use git, so next time i will hopefully be able to send
> a patch against head.

I use quilt and git. Cooking a patchset is more flexible with the quilt
tool than git (for push and pop). Then I send the patchset with quilt
mail --send and then when the patchset is merged, I just do "quilt pop
-a" and "git pull" to update.