[lxc-devel] Just for giggles...

Suno Ano suno.ano at sunoano.org
Mon Feb 1 16:24:21 UTC 2010

 Mike> If the containers were aware of each other, should they then also
 Mike> be aware of where they are and where the others are? This could
 Mike> get to be a very sticky problem and you never know how deep that
 Mike> rat hole goes. Container management and coordination should be
 Mike> done via the host and via normal communications channels such as
 Mike> sockets and networking and rpc's, and maybe service discovery. I
 Mike> don't think we should be attempting to reinvent those wheels.

I would limit "the problem" to one host so that only containers on the
same host would be aware of each another. As you say, it does not have
to be a file living inside each container though, sockets etc. would do
as well.

Actually I am +1 for the file with the PID and +0 for the awareness
thingy ... in essence that was just a thought of what might (or not)
make sense to have a more "elastic" compound of host + containers.