[lxc-devel] macvlan configuration

贺鹏 xnhp0320 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 12:08:15 UTC 2010

Hi all:
       I use macvlan as the network configuration for my LXC VMs.

       Here is my configuration for LXC VMs:

       lxc.network.type = macvlan
       lxc.network.macvlan.mode = vepa
       lxc.network.flags = up
       lxc.network.link = tap0

       and I config 4 virtual eth in this VMs, each has the tap0 as its
network link.

       I use a tap device as the link for the macvlan, and I run a process
to read and write this tap device.
       when I write a ARP quest to the tap device, the macvlan didn't
broadcast the packet to  the network interface in the VM.

       I put some debug code in the macvlan.c and runs this test. and I find
the skb did not even enter the macvlan_handle_frame function.

       Could someone tell me is there any thing wrong in my config?

       thx~~

--

hepeng
ICT