[lxc-devel] [patch 1/1] fix container find the previously created configuration

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Thu Nov 19 13:03:37 UTC 2009

Andrian Nord wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 11:29:11PM +0100, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
>> I have another suggestion for including multiple configuration easily
>> with a small change in lxc:
>>
>> The -f can accept '-', meaning reading from the standard input. Then
>> from the outside:
>>
>> cat /etc/lxc/template /etc/lxc/foo | lxc-start -f - -n foo
>>
>> It's flexible and let the user to manage its configuration files as he
>> wants and avoid a lot of code in lxc - don't make me wrong, I am not
>> against adding code ;)
>
> Heh. I'll open you a very closed secret: you may specify -f
> /proc/self/fd/0 and get same result ;).

Just a small note (not about configuration).  File descriptor #0 is used
by lxc-start to save tty parameters.  It does not work currenlty anyway
(since it re-opens fd#0 later), but redirecting fd#0 externally like this
does not help to fix this bug ;)

But with fd#0 redirected we're losing console input completely.

/mjt