[lxc-devel] [patch 1/1] fix container find the previously created configuration

Andrian Nord nightnord at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 18:51:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 05:33:35PM +0100, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
> Well, this can be interesting, but we must avoid overkill features, so
> that need some clear semantics.
>
> You and Michael have a lot of good ideas and I suggest to store these
> ideas in the "features request" / lxc category:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=163076&atid=826306

Ha, 'clear semantics' it's something most problematic =). But ok, I'll
try to summarize and concertize all my ideas on bug-tracker. Last time
I've seen it, I've thought that it's far long abandoned =)

> > Why this is harder to implement if you will keep raw config (you can
> > always grep it, for example) - because, if my patches about variables
> > and config.include (any news about them, by the way?)
>
> I would like to release a 0.6.4 version before taking more patches.

Heh, ok.

> Do you mean override the LXCPATH with an environment variable ?

Partially yes. I suggest to provide an format for asprintf, like
LXC_CONFIG="/etc/lxc/%s.conf" or
LXC_CONFIG="/etc/lxc/%s/config" or
LXC_CONFIG="/etc/lxc/%s"

This should be enough for specifying some kind of user-provided
permanent override of default config layout (via exporting this from
user's .bashrc, for instance).