[lxc-devel] [patch 4/6] [draft] Add separate interface for mounting

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Wed Nov 18 09:55:05 UTC 2009

Andrian Nord wrote:
> Update for new git head. Also, memory leak when using simple free on
> mntent is fixed.

Andrian, why are you repeating and requiring whole mntent thing, even
if not all fields are useful/applicable in our case?

For example, the 2 extra fields at the end - they're not used by lxc.
How about parsing 3 first fields and just ignore the rest?  With this,
there's no reason to use mntent structure too, since it contains extra
stuff...

But the more I think about it all, the more I'm concerned about the
whole mount thing.

It is a good idea to allow bind-mounts here.  But not a good idea
at all to allow normal block device mounts.  The reason is simple:
lack of fsck.  Real fstab gets processed by fsck first and by mount
next.  Here we don't run fsck pass...  which is quite dangerous.

/mjt