[lxc-devel] [patch 1/1] fix container find the previously created configuration

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Tue Nov 17 10:07:59 UTC 2009

Andrian Nord wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 11:14:55PM +0100, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
>
>> The command specifies a configuration file => use it
>> The command does not specify a configuration but the container
>> was created before, use the configuration.
>> The command does not specify a configuration and the container
>> was not created before, use default.
>>

> So you're forcing LXCPATH/$name single file configuration scheme and
> using lxc.mount.entry? That's not wonderful, I prefer directory powered
> configuration, as I'm using fstab files, not lxc.mount.entry...

Right now, there is no more files other than the configuration file,
LXCPATH/$name/config.
So I merged LXCPATH/$name and the config file, the $name is the
configuration file.

lxc-sshd and lxc-debian were changed to use the new option
lxc.mount.entry, so these scripts don't have to generate an extra fstab
file.

The lxc.mount option is still valid and I don't plan to remove this option.
> Was variant with checking all possible configurations so bad?

I wouldn't say 'bad' :), it adds more complexity around the
configuration and we are trying to simplify it.
The other point is looking for different file format adds more overhead,
I know it's ridiculous, but the door is open for adding more and more. I
am planning to run 5000 containers on the same host, it will better to
not look for what is the configuration file format :)