[lxc-devel] current git: lxc-start now requires -f ?

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Mon Nov 16 09:17:16 UTC 2009

Andrian Nord wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 07:26:31PM +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:
>> Maybe if no -f given, look in /etc/lxc/$name.conf and use that
>> if exists?
>
> This is a patch for this, in only exception, that it restores previous
> behaviour: it checks /etc/lxc/${lxc.name}/config if no -f specified.
> That's because there is commonly two configs - config and fstab, and
> it's better to keep them in separate dir, imo.

You mean mount, for 'lxc.mount' keyword?  As I mentioned before, that
keyword has been extended recently (take a look at current git and at
recent lxc-devel archives), to not require separate mount file anymore
and specify lxc.mount.entry in-line in the container config file.

The new behavour is unexpected.  Right now I have my configs in
/etc/lxc/$containername - a plain file, not a directory.  That will
break it.  Here all things are in just testing stage, but I sure it will
break other configs too.

Such behavour change should be discussed first IMHO, and thought about.
That's why I didn't sent some similar patch in my first email: writing
code isn't that difficult, but thinking about how it will work and how
whole thing works, to have clean and logical interface and structure,
is much more difficult.

Besides, your patch will break withOUT config: it does not check if
/etc/lxc/$name/config exists.

Thanks!

/mjt