[lxc-devel] host consoles/ttys in containers

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Sat Nov 14 13:32:22 UTC 2009

Michael Tokarev wrote:
> I noticed that container's consoles aren't quite useable
> (be it lxc-console or lxc-start with getty bound to /dev/console).
>
> The main problem is a complete lack of window resizing support:
> when I resize an xterm window with lxc-start or lxc-console, the
> "guest" does not know about that and continues to think that the
> terminal is 80x25 still.
>
> Is it just a lack of functionality (missing implementation) or
> something problematic?

Ok, the attached patch fixes this.

It moves the 'master' variable out of main function so it's
accessible from the signal handler, sets up SIGWINCH handler
to call a (newly created) winsz() function that gets the
current tty size using TIOCGWINSZ ioctl and if that works,
sets up the pty size using TIOCSWINSZ.  That same function
is called at the start as well, when setting up the signal
handler.

Thanks!

/mjt