[lxc-devel] lxc and ganeti integration

Guido Trotter ultrotter at google.com
Fri May 22 12:28:03 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi Guido,
>
> I was wondering how is going ganeti integration with lxc ?

I am in the initial stage, of basically checking that lxc has all the
required features.

> I am planning to commit soon a new parameter to lxc-start to daemonize the
> container.
> As the logging facility is nearly finished, the output of the console will
> probably go there, if specified.

These are definitely very useful features for the integration.
Other useful things would be to be able to execute "other" commands in
the container, for example for shutting it down or providing a console
inside it (by executing a new shell inside it). Finally things like
multiple network interfaces and an arbitrary script to execute to
configure them (as kvm or xen do) would be useful too. I will be
submitting patches probably in june for some of these features (and in
the meantime proceed with the ganeti part of the code).

Thanks,

Guido