[lxc-devel] Contributing/packaging LXC

Daniel Lezcano dlezcano at fr.ibm.com
Tue Mar 17 17:33:06 UTC 2009

Guido Trotter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Guido, and I'm a Debian Developer and a Google employee. I'm writing
> you about the lxc userspace tools project, which I was trying to package for
> Debian (see http://bugs.debian.org/519408 ) and to see if I can make to fit our
> virtualization needs (in particular I was wondering about porting Ganeti
> (http://code.google.com/p/ganeti), a cluster virtualization manager we
> developed, to support containers through lxc)
>
> Sorry for writing you personally but I couldn't find on the project webpage the
> mention of a mailing list to subscribe to or to contact. Is everything happening
> on the kernel mailing list or somewhere else? And is there any official point of
> contact for questions and possibly to send patches and/or to discuss the
> feasibility of ideas, before starting to code?
>
> Thanks a lot! :)
>
> Guido

Hi Guido,

no problem, you send to the right person, I am the author and the
maintainer. I am glad to see you asked for debian inclusion :)

is very slooow.

You have to subscribe to
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/lxc-devel

There are some discussions on irc at Freenode, channel #lxc-devel

If you want to send contributions, you have to follow the rules in the
CONTRIBUTING file.

The code is under git at:

http://lxc.git.sourceforge.net/

To checkout the code:
git-clone git://lxc.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/lxc

Regards.
	-- Daniel