[lxc-devel] lxc-fedora fixes

Matty matty91 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 15:44:24 UTC 2009

Howdy,

I was playing around with LXC containers this past weekend, and
noticed a couple of issues with the lxc-fedora script:

#1: Line 96 should be ${ROOTFS}/etc/sysconfig/network instead of
${ROOTFS}/sysconfig/network

#2 Line 249 contains a reference to $PKG, which isn't used in the
program. I adjusted the variable to point to the correct package, and
use this in the calls to yumdownloader:

    PKG="${DISTRO}-release.noarch.rpm"
    yumdownloader --destdir="${CACHE}/partial" "${PKG}"

#3 The $CACHE/partial path is escaped unnecessarily:

   RPM="rpm --root \"${CACHE}/partial\""

#4 The program assumes yumdownloader will work, which isn't always the
case. I added an if statement to check the return code:

   echo "Downloading distribution release file ${PKG}"
   yumdownloader --destdir="${CACHE}/partial" "${PKG}"
   RESULT=$?

   if [ "${RESULT}" != "0" ]; then
       echo "Enable to download the distribution release file"
       exit 1
   fi

#5 The package name passed to yumdownloader is incorrect:

   yumdownloader --destdir="${CACHE}/partial" "${DISTRO}-release.noarch.rpm"

   On Fedora 10 and 11, this evaluates to:

   fedora-release.noarch.rpm

   When we need it to evaluate to:

   fedora-{RELEASE_VER}.release.noarch

   This is fixed in the PKG variable listed above.

A patch that addresses these issues is attached.

Thanks,
- Ryan
--
http://prefetch.net