[lxc-devel] [patch 0/3] allow to compile on different architecture

Daniel Lezcano dlezcano at fr.ibm.com
Sun Jul 5 19:28:51 UTC 2009

Guido Trotter wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 6:56 PM, Daniel Lezcano<daniel.lezcano at free.fr> wrote:
>> Guido notified lxc does not compile on several architecture and
>> this is annoying for the debian package.
>>
>> This patchset fix that by changing the call to clone syscall to
>> the glibc clone. The rest of the code has been removed.
>>
>> The signalfd syscall numbers were not changed but that should
>> compile anyway until the compilation host is up-to-date regarding
>> the glibc.
>>

> Wonderful!! :) Thanks! Do you know which version of glibc is needed
> now to make use of lxc?

lxc needs a glibc with the signalfd definition. AFAICS, the first
definition appeared in the 2.7 version.

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/libc/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/sys/signalfd.h?cvsroot=glibc

But maybe a more recent version is better.

I will try next time to break this dependency, either if I love this
syscall :)