[lxc-devel] 'lxc-start -d' uses host system console for output?

Markus Schuster ml at markus.schuster.name
Wed Aug 19 16:19:47 UTC 2009

Hi list,

first of all: The new '-d' option for lxc-start introduced in 0.6.3 is very
useful from it's intention, but I'm having problems with it:
When I start a system container this way, all output of the containers init
scripts, getty for login and so on goes to the primary console (I think
/dev/console) of the base system. Can this behavior be fixed or modified in
any way?

I'm on Debian lenny, using lxc 0.6.3 from unstable.

Here is the configuration of the container:
--- cut ---
lxc.utsname = builder-lenny-64bit
lxc.tty = 4
lxc.pts = 1024
lxc.network.type = veth
lxc.network.flags = up
lxc.network.link = breth1
lxc.network.name = eth0
lxc.network.hwaddr = XXX
lxc.network.ipv4 = XXX
lxc.rootfs = /var/lib/vservers/builder-lenny-64bit
lxc.cgroup.devices.deny = a
# /dev/null and zero
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 1:3 rwm
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 1:5 rwm