[Lxc-devel] [Devel] Q: Do systems using containers user more process ids?

Kirill Korotaev dev at sw.ru
Mon Aug 14 09:13:25 UTC 2006

We have not seen any degradation here in real cases,
but probably you are right and pid hash can be allocated taking into account
physical memory as it is done for TCP/ip/other hashes?

But not sure, it is worth bothering right now... Maybe it worth first to make some
simple test, say:

1. run 50,000 tasks.
2. run some benchmark

and compare benchmark results with different hash sizes?
What do you think?

Kirill