[cgmanager-devel] cgmanager fails if controller is not enabled

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 13 07:38:25 UTC 2014

Quoting Marcin Szewczyk (cgmanager at wodny.org):
> On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 08:27:38PM +0000, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> > Thanks, this looks like the right fix.
>
> The one thing that bothers me is if the interface is stable. I do not
> touch kernel stuff very often. But I am wondering if it is better now
> (getting the last column) or maybe I should have used strtok() to get
> the 4th column...
>
> Or maybe the /proc/cgroups header should be read and checked for our
> assumptions... What do you think? Should I write a bit extended piece of

Adding additional columns is a possibility, but I'd say an unlikely
one.  I think it's worth switching (but low priority) to grabbing the
fourth column instead of the last one.  I think parsing the header
to figure out which says 'enabled' shouldn't be necessary.  I may
one day eat my words of course, I'll take a patch that switches to
that.