[cgmanager-devel] /sys/fs/cgroup/cgmanager does not exist in a container

Andy Johnson johnsonzjo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 09:45:19 UTC 2014

Hello,
I know that from containers you should better use cgproxy.
I was just wondering:
In a host I run cgmanager (taken from most recent git)
Now, I have on the host
/sys/fs/cgroup/cgmanager/
and also /sys/fs/cgroup/cgmanager/sock
I start a container from the host (Fedora container)
I do not see /sys/fs/cgroup/cgmanager/ and /sys/fs/cgroup/cgmanager/sock

What, in fact, is the reason for this ? I see by running "mount" from
the container that /sys/fs/cgroup is mounted as rw:

mount | grep  /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755

And the container is created and run as root from the host.
regards,
Andy