[cgmanager-devel] A few questions on the public API.

James Hunt james.hunt at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 9 18:06:20 UTC 2013

Hi Serge,

- why does MovePid() need the ok param? Surely, the clients can just check the
return value from the call?

- cgmanager_create(): I saw the comment about EEXIST and I think we're really
like to guarantee that if the client requests a cgroup to be created that
already exists, that should be treated as success. Maybe we could have a @flags
arg if clients really care about this behaviour but clearly we can't have a
cgmanager_group_exists() call as that would be racy if it returned FALSE and
the client then called cgmanager_create().

- I wonder if we should add a D-Bus API to create 'n' groups simultaneously to
minimise D-Bus traffic?

- cgmanager_get_my_cgroup(): FYI, this is currently returning a nul string
whereas cgmanager_get_pid_cgroup (getpid()) is returning "/" so their behaviour
is different.

Kind regards,

James.
--