[lxc-users] ArchLinux container network problems with systemd 244 (systemd 243 works ok)

Stéphane Graber stgraber at stgraber.org
Wed Jan 8 01:38:11 UTC 2020

Yeah, systemd 244.1 is causing this issue because of a change of detection
of container logic within systemd.

There may be some way to put a systemd override around systemd-networkd to
have that service run in a mount namespace that serves /sys read-only, this
would cause systemd to revert to the old working behavior.

The long term fix is a kernel change so that udevd can behave properly such
that networkd also behaves as expected. We're looking into this now but it
will take some time before that's ready.

Stéphane