[lxc-users] [lxc-devel] Container startup hook arguments

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Fri Oct 6 18:40:36 UTC 2017

Greetings, Christian Brauner!

>> Maybe a configuration key 'lxc.hooks.version=2' ?

> I'm fine with simply keeping the arguments until 3.0 and then removing them. I
> really don't want to add configuration keys that conceptually are internal keys
> but are nonetheless exposed to users. Fwiw, this is also why I didn't implement
> a version key for the 2.1. config file format update. This is just going to bite
> us in the long run when we have to deprecate these internal keys. TL;DR, keep
> the args for now and kill them in 3.0.

May I propose an alternative?
Fill in the environment gaps now.
Add something like "lxc.hooks.legacy" key in some future 2.x version, default
to enabled, and recommend people turning it off and see if their hooks needs
correction.
In some version prior to 3.0, change the default value of the key to disabled.
In 3.0, remove the key.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin