[lxc-users] lxd and vagrant

Yonsy Solis yonsy.s.p at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 13:06:19 UTC 2016

On miƩ, mar 9, 2016 at 7:55 PM, Sig Lange <sig.lange at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone aware or has anyone started development of a vagrant
> provider for lxd?

not yet, but i found [1] where LXD is used instead of Vagrant (and
VirtualBox, but is the same with other plugins)

> The places i've found [1] for vagrant which mention available plugins
> do not list lxd as a possible plugin. I do however see vagrant-lxc
> which works with the original lxc commands, such as lxc-create and
> friends.

vagrant-lxc works well (i used this before) but works only with
privileged containers by default (you need sudo thingies). Some code
was  tested in branches for unprivileged but, don't get merged to
production.

but  well, we can see if some devs are interested in development of lxd
plugin for vagrant

[1]
https://roots.io/linux-containers-lxd-as-an-alternative-to-virtualbox-for-wordpress-development/

Yonsy Solis