[lxc-users] LXC not responsive after update

Viktor Trojanovic viktor at troja.ch
Wed Jan 20 22:23:18 UTC 2016

I just did a system upgrade on my Arch System which included updating
the kernel, systemd and lxc to the newest versions. After having done
so, I cannot interact with my Linux container any longer. The system
within the container still seems to work fine and can be contacted from
outside (Samba server) but if I try to use one of the lxc commands to
query or otherwise interact with the container (e.g. lxc-ls -f,
lxc-stop, lxc-console, lxc-attach), the command hangs until I cancel it
with CTRL+C.

I get the following message when cancelling lxc-ls -f (as root):

^CTraceback (most recent call list):
   File "/usr/bin/lxc-ls", line 432, in <module>
     containers = get_containers(root=True)
   File "user/bin/lxc-ls", line 261, in get_containers
     if container.controllable:
KeyboardInterrupt

Regular lxc-ls works normal, by the way.

I can probably just reboot the server but I still wanted to ask around
if anyone has an idea why this is happening and what I could do except
rebooting to regain control of LXC? I tried already systemctl restart
lxc but that doesn't help.

Cheers,
Viktor