[lxc-users] Stopping a container

David Shwatrz dshwatrz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 13:43:57 UTC 2014

Hi,
Strangely,
time lxc-attach -n fedoraCT1 poweroff
gives:
lxc-attach: failed to clone(0x8000): Invalid argument
lxc-attach: Invalid argument - failed to create subprocess

I get the same error also with:
lxc-attach -n fedoraCT1 poweroff

I made a test on another machine, which runs Ubuntu OS, and I created
an ubuntu container on it.
In this case, stopping the container took less than a second:

time lxc-stop -n ubuntuGit

real 0m0.803s
user 0m0.003s
sys 0m0.006s

But when I tried another test with lxc-attach, I got the same errors:

lxc-attach -n ubuntuGit poweroff
lxc-attach: failed to clone(0x8000): Invalid argument
lxc-attach: Invalid argument - failed to create subprocess

time lxc-attach -n ubuntuGit poweroff
lxc-attach: failed to clone(0x8000): Invalid argument
lxc-attach: Invalid argument - failed to create subprocess

Any ideas about this error message of lxc-attach ?

I am working with latest git tree on both fedora and ubuntu. I build it
in both cases with --disable-python

regards,
DavidS