[lxc-users] Do nested containers require that unprivileged container creation be supported?

Rami Rosen roszenrami at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 22:40:40 UTC 2014

Hi,
First, thanks Michael, for drawing my attention to it. I knew that Fedora
21 is going to enable user namespaces.

Still, I wanted to reiterate my point: with my Fedora 20, where I ran
update a while ago, user namespaces were not available, according to
lxc-checkonfig, and still nesting with a busybox container did work.

Btw, I heard that in the first release of RHEL 7, user namespaces will be
enabled in kernel, for ABI compatibility, but using them will be disabled
in userspace, because of security concerns. Only in later updates it will
be enabled. I hope that this scheme is not used with Fedora 20.

Regards,
Rami Rosen
 בתאריך 5 באפר 2014 23:15, "Michael H. Warfield" <mhw at wittsend.com> כתב: