[Lxc-users] appropriate architecture for two sets of containers on one host

Mike sourceforge at good-with-numbers.com
Tue Mar 12 04:21:17 UTC 2013

I have two sets of containers on a host, depicted as c1.* and c2.*
below.  Wondering what's the best way to connect them to the physical
interface.  Fill in the "?".

But I want to generally wall off the sets from each other.  E.g., think
of them as externally- and internally-visible servers, respectively.
Also want to control traffic among each set.

Generally, there may be a handful of sets, may be a dozen containers in
a set.

My approach would be to bridge them all together with the physical i/f,
then separate them with ebtables (which I haven't used yet).  Wondering
if there's a more elegant approach, using...VLANs? multiple bridges?
iptables?

+-------------------------------+
| host                          |
|+------+                       |