[Lxc-users] Startup scripts [Was: Re: security question]

John lxc at jelmail.com
Sun Aug 21 18:04:27 UTC 2011

On 21/08/11 18:01, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> I've been using the file-rc boot script mechanisms rather than the
> sysv-rc system for LXC containers. That might seem like a step
> backwards, but actually, it's fine and gives you much finer (& easier
> IMO) control over what gets started and stopped when a container is
> booted. Y
Have you tried Arch Linux Gordon? it uses a BSD-Style init which is what
I think you mean. I think it's much cleaner and easier to work with. All
"switches" are in rc.conf, there isn't loads of rc.runlevel directories
full of symlinks and you can point your inittab at a lxc-specific
rc.sysinit and rc.shutdown. This is what I have and it works well. My
point was about the fact that using a stock rc.shutdown, for example,
will shut down the host.