[lxc-devel] Is this a valid LXD 2.7-0ubuntu2 config

Louis Bouchard louis.bouchard at canonical.com
Wed Jan 18 11:39:48 UTC 2017

Hello,

Given a NIC with a tagged vlan (Id 100) named enp0s25.100. This vlan has a DHCP
server on the router.

After installing LXD from scratch, and configuring it without any bridge I do
the following :

$ lxc profile device add default eth0 nic nictype=macvlan parent=enp0s25.100
$ lxc launch ubuntu-daily:z test

The container starts correctly and gets a valid IP addres on the subnet of the
vlan :

-- # lxc list
+------+---------+------------------------+------+------------+-----------+
| NAME |  STATE  |          IPV4          | IPV6 |    TYPE    | SNAPSHOTS |
+------+---------+------------------------+------+------------+-----------+
| test | RUNNING | 192.168.100.130 (eth0) |      | PERSISTENT | 0         |
+------+---------+------------------------+------+------------+-----------+

If this is a valid configuration, then there is a bug in the way that Juju
detects the network configuration as :

# juju bootstrap lxd lxd
ERROR creating LXD client: juju doesn't support ipv6. Please disable LXD's IPV6:

        $ lxc network set enp0s25.100 ipv6.address none

and rebootstrap

Looks like juju/tools/lxdclient/network_client.go:checkBridgeConfig is not
getting the proper information in return when the network being used is not a
bridge.

Any thought ?

Kind regards,

...Louis

Louis Bouchard
Software engineer, Cloud & Sustaining eng.
Canonical Ltd
Ubuntu developer                       Debian Maintainer
GPG : 429D 7A3B DD05 B6F8 AF63  B9C4 8B3D 867C 823E 7A61