[lxc-devel] call to setup_dev_symlinks with lxc.autodev

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 16 00:05:00 UTC 2014

Quoting Michael H. Warfield (mhw at WittsEnd.com):
> On Mon, 2014-04-14 at 15:18 +0200, William Dauchy wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > I'm looking for a way to not execute setup_dev_symlinks. In my case I'm
> > using lxc-start with a read only filesystem.
> > so:
> > !lxc_conf->is_execute && setup_dev_symlinks(&lxc_conf->rootfs))
> > will probably fail
>
> > I saw there was:
> >                ret = symlink(d->oldpath, path);
> >                if (ret && errno != EEXIST) { }
> > but in my case I need to manually access the /dev directory in order to
> > make it return EEXIST.
>
> If I recall the discussion some time ago, those 4 symlinks (fd, stdin,
> stdout, and stderr) are mandatory according to the Linux kernel

I'm finding /dev/fd to be ... weird.  It's just a symlink to
/proc/self/fd.  What's the point.

I assume William in fact had /dev/stdin and out and err but was
missing fd?

I'd be fine with a special-case in the fn ignoring fd failure and
bailing if we dont' have and can't create the others.

-serge