[lxc-devel] Cross arch container thoughts - Call for Discussion...

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed Apr 2 21:00:35 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-04-01 at 19:58 -0400, Stéphane Graber wrote:

> Hmm, aren't we already doing that?

> stgraber at castiana:~$ uname -m
> x86_64

> stgraber at castiana:~$ lxc-create -t download -n i386 -- -d ubuntu -r trusty -a i386
> Using image from local cache
> Unpacking the rootfs

Was missing from the CentOS and Fedora templates.  Patch submitted.

I'm able to build the NST images now for the i686 platform on an x86_64
host.  Nice!  I'll coordinate some things with Paul and them for further
integration.

I've very interested in this loopfs thing that Serge was mentioning but,
in the mean time, I'll cobble together something for the loop devices.

Curious, it doesn't look like the loop devices are namespace / cgroup
aware.  Running "losetup -l" in the host or in any container with access
shows all the setup loop devices regardless of container (though it only
shows the container relative path).  Not sure that's the right thing but
that's a kernel driver issue.

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com