[lxc-devel] cgroup-bin

Vasiliy Molostov molostoff at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 17:18:15 UTC 2011

@Taisuke Yamada
Thanks to you for helpful advice, I have tried but unsuccessful, and here I
explain why:

In addition and to correct the fix (the link below) I can say that my
/etc/cgconfig.conf on Ubuntu/natty looked like this

mount {
        cpu = /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu;
        cpuacct = /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuacct;
        devices = /sys/fs/cgroup/devices;
        memory = /sys/fs/cgroup/memory;
        freezer = /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer;
        blkio = /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio;
}

and this does not work with the CREATE_DEFAULT=no fix because lxc looks for
devices.deny in a cpu mount (unrelated to /sys/fs it is or simply /), so I
have changed cpu mount to this

mount {
        devices = /sys/fs/cgroup/devices; # just moved devices on to first pos
        memory = /sys/fs/cgroup/memory;
        freezer = /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer;
        blkio = /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio;
        cpu = /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu;
        cpuacct = /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuacct;
}

and lxc started  (with cgroups created under /sys/fs) all my containers
successfully and they work now fine for me.

It seems that lxc looks for any first (and not others) mount for devices.deny?

# dpkg -l lxc cgroup-bin
ii  cgroup-bin	0.37.1-1ubuntu2
ii  lxc			0.7.4.1-0ubuntu0~dnjl1~natty0