[lxc-devel] Get rid of lxc-create and lxc-destroy?

Michael Holzt lxc at my.fqdn.org
Thu Jan 7 21:58:58 UTC 2010

> Whenever I need to reconfigure a container I stop and destroy it
> (which is very fast), edit the original config file, and recreate and
> restart the container.
>
> If what Michael Holzt is suggesting turns lxc-start into what is
> currently lxc-create/lxc-start, and lxc-stop into what is currently
> lxc-stop/lxc-destroy, then I'd ask for this as well.

This is what i had in mind. I use xen, and when need to change config,
i just do xm shutdown <domain>, edit the config file and start with
xm create <domain> again. I don't see any need to have to exec more
than one command to stop and one to start.

Regards,
Michael

--
It's an insane world, but i'm proud to be a part of it. -- Bill Hicks